2 Tier Cirlce Cake

Tonight is Newton North High School's Senior Prom and one of my favorite clients requested a cake for the occasion.

She gave me creative liberty to do whatever I wanted for the cake, she just requested the cake be in colors that coordinated with her daughter's dress.

I started with 2 cakes. An 8inch and a 6inch, both chocolate cake with peanut butter filling.
I frosted each cake with a pink Buttercream and then stacked them into 2 tiers. This is the first tiered cake I have ever made.... not too bad for my first attempt I think.



After the cake was stacked I got to working on the decorations. I colored some pink and purple fondant and cut out a couple of different sized circles. I also cut out some letters from the purple fondant to say "NNHS Prom 2011"

I strategically placed the circles, piped a white border on each tier and placed the lettering on the top of the cake. As a final touch I topped the cake off with some hot pink and brown accent feathers.

I hope all kids enjoy the cake after they dance the night away!











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...