Graduation Cake

I had a lot of fun making this cake!
The graduate was graduating from Newton North High School and Since I am a graduate of NNHS I was happy to make a cake in the school colors.

I started with 2 10inch vanilla cakes filled with a Dulce de Leche buttercream. YUM!

The cake is frosted in a bright white buttercream and instead of piping a border I decided to use a bling-tastic ribbon around the cake to dress it up.



For the other decorations I used fondant. I cut out all of the lettering and made some accent decorations using a star cookie cutter.



My fav part were the stars "floating" above the cake. I did this by cutting out the stars and pushing thin jewelery wire through the stars and letting them dry out. I then attached the letters using just a little bit of water. I just love the dimension it adds to the cake.

Here is the final product!!!!







I hope everyone has a fabulous week and that this rain lets way to some sunshine for all of us!

1 comments:

elephant said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I wish I had a cake like that for graduation!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...