Graduation Cupcake Tower

So last week I made a graduation cake for Dominique and her family to enjoy on her actual graduation... Yesterday was her AWESOME graduation party and I was privileged enough to make a cupcake tower for the occasion.

I stuck with the school colors for this cake too. The cupcakes were vanilla and chocolate. I colored the vanilla cupcakes orange and frosted the cupcakes with buttercream.

I topped the vanilla cupcakes with black stars cut from fondant and dusted with edible silver shimmer. The chocolate cupcakes were frosted in orange.



For the top of the tower I made a 6inch cake. I wanted the cake to look like a graduation cap. To do this I took a square cake board and covered it in black fondant. I made an orange tassel out of fondant and added some wording to the top of the cap. The actual cake was frosted in white buttercream and I tried coloring it black using Wilton's Color Mist spray. It didn't come out as black as I hoped but it was was serviceable.



Here is the final product all set-up at the party...








CONGRATULATIONS DOMINIQUE!!!!!!!!

Keep checking back this week for posts about 2 other cakes I made this weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...