Reid's 1st Birthday Cake

The Family I nanny for asked me to make a Cake and Cupcakes for their daughter's first birthday! They decided to go with a Lady Bug theme for her cake and I seriously had so much fun making it!

The flavors were simple... Chocolate and Vanilla with Vanilla buttercream.... the adventure was in the design.

The cupcakes were frosted with Pink and Green frosting and topped with some different fondant pieces.

On the green frosted cupcakes I had these cute little pink ladybugs!



The pink frosted cupcakes were topped with black "ladybug" dots!



For the cake it was frosted in pink and covered in black "ladybug" dots. I also wrapped it with a green ribbon. For the top of the cake I made a number 1 out of fondant and also some little flowers to stick out of the cake on wire.



For the Birthday message I cut out a flower shape from white fondant and piped on the message.

Overall I thought this was the cutest cake I have made yet and from the pictures I saw Reid enjoyed it as well!!!









I hope everyone stays dry during these rainy days and stay tuned this weekend for the 3rd cake I made this past weekend!!

1 comments:

spot the dog said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Ladybug cupcakes? They are completely adorable!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...