Skull & Crossbones pull-apart cake

Last weekend was also my baby brother's birthday. I shouldn't say baby brother since he was turning 26 but you get the idea :)

He was throwing a joint birthday party with Vanessa who is just like family and I made them a cake for the celebration! Well actually I made them cupcakes!

I placed a bunch of cupcakes on a platter really close together like this....




Then I smoothed on some frosting. My brother requested purple frosting for Vanessa. I love how it was shaped sort of like a flower. I decided to leave the edges "rough" instead of piping a border... I liked the look of it better for this cake.



Next I transferred on the pattern using piping gel. My brother is a bit obsessed with skulls... he has a bunch of them tattooed on his body so I figured I should put one on his cake.



After the pattern was transferred I "colored it in" by piping stars. I used glitter black gel for the eyes and mouth.

Lastly using the black gel, I wrote out the Birthday message and wha-la.....









The best part of this cake was that when it was ready to be served people could just pull out a cupcake... no cutting necessary which worked out perfect for this outdoor party. I can't wait to make another one of these types of cakes.... So fun!

Well I hope everyone enjoys their Day and has a good week next week as well! Let's all cross our fingers for some better weather!

1 comments:

winnie the pooh said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Thats a really cute cake for a boy.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...