Individual Boston Cream Pie

This past Friday evening the Hubz and I attended a very yummy dinner party with his cousins. One of the guests brought these cute and delectable desserts and after taking one bite I knew I had to make them myself!!!!

Saturday morning rolled around and after a quick trip to the grocery store I got to baking!

The person who made these on Friday said she used muffin pans and cut each muffin in half before filling. I decided to use whoopie Pie Pans instead. The cake is just a basic vanilla cake.



The filling is instant vanilla pudding mixed with 1/2 cup of cool whip. Very simple. I did make a small mistake with the filling..... I followed the recipe on the box for the instant pudding which called for 2 cups of cold milk. When making the filling only 1 cup of cold milk should be used to create a firmer filling. Once the pudding has set you can mix in the 1/2 cup of cool whip.

Each individual cream pie used about 1 1/2 tablespoons of filling.





So far this is probably one of the easiest recipes I have ever made and it continues to be easy.
For the chocolate topping, microwave 1 cup of cool whip with 1/3 cup of milk chocolate morsels. I microwaved in 30 second increments stirring in between to combine the melting chocolate with the cool whip. After combined let stand 15 minutes so the mixture can thicken before spreading about 2 teaspoons on top of each pie and WHA-LA!!!


DELICIOUS SIMPLE INDIVIDUAL BOSTON CREAM PIES!!!!!





p.s. These are also the perfect treats to keep away all these rainy day blues :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...