Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes

These are probably one of my favorite cupcakes to make! Kids and Adults seem to LOVE them!

To start, these scrumptious delights start out with a half an Oreo in the bottom of each cupcake.



The batter is very simple... it is your go to vanilla cupcakes with crumbled Oreos mixed in. (You could use box mix for this if you are in a pinch since the cookies are really the dominant part of the treat)



To frost these I use a basic vanilla buttercream. Most of the time they can just be garnished with some cookie crumbs, but because the frosting is a pure white frosting it can be colored any color and decorated to match a theme.





This past weekend I made 6 Bruins themed cupcakes and 6 fishing themed for an order.
For the Bruins cupcakes I cut circles out of fondant and piped the Bruins Logo using royal icing. The cupcakes were cute! My piping/drawing skills still need some work but for the first time I think they look ok.



For the fishing ones I colored the frosting blue and used a different tip to try and make the frosting look like waves. I garnished with Red Swedish fish and TA-DA! Fishing Themed Cupcakes!





Happy Baking everyone!

1 comments:

bunny said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I love love love cookies and cream. YUM

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...