30th Birthday Cake & Cupcake tower

I was very excited to make this cake once the order was finalized! The client requested a Tiffany Blue theme with silver and white accents.

For the cupcakes, the flavors were chocolate with buttercream and Cookies n' cream. They were frosted in Tiffany Blue and I used Silver and white sugar balls to decorate the tops.

The cake was the really fun part!

I started with 2 inch chocolate cakes. I filled the cake with chocolate filling and then crumb coated it using Tiffany Blue Buttercream.





After the crumb coat dried I generously frosted the cake in the same Tiffany Blue Buttercream.



The day before I Had constructed a cute white bow out of fondant. While the cake was frosting was setting on the cake I cut out my ribbon and tag pieces from the white fondant.

Once everything was cut out I added the Birthday message to the fondant tag and added all of the pieces to the cake.





I was so happy with how the cake came out! I assembled everything on the cupcake tower alternating the cupcake flavors.







I think it looked really cute! I hope Jackie had a Happy 30th Birthday and enjoyed her cake and cupcakes!!!

Have a great week eveeryone!

1 comments:

abc said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Those cupcakes are just completely adorable.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...