Lemon Filled Cupcakes with Raspberry Buttercream

The last time I made these cupcakes I was not totally happy with the frosting. The last time I didn't have any fresh raspberries or any seedless preserve so I made the frosting with raspberry extract.... Not impressed!

This time I was making these for a customer order and used seedless raspberry preserve for the frosting and it came out divinely!



I also changed up the cupcake batter itself. I started out with my go to vanilla cupcake and then zested an entire lemon into the batter. I seriously cannot express my love for the scent of zested lemons or limes! The citrus smell is just so bright and fresh... it makes me happy!





Ok sorry for my zest tangent.... back to the cupcakes!

Once they were baked and cooled I "cored" the cupcakes and filled them up with lemon curd.





Lastly I piped on my yummy Raspberry Buttercream!





I don't usually taste test my own finished cupcakes... but when there is lemon involved I can not resist! I found them to be mouth watering and I hope my customer feels the same way!

I hope everyone enjoys their week!

Recipe: Raspberry Buttercream

1/2 cup of butter softened
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp clear vanilla extract
1 tsp raspberry extract
1/4 cup seedless raspberry preserve
pinch of salt
1lb confectionery sugar
water

Directions:
Cream butter and shortening with vanilla, raspberry extract and salt. Beat in raspberry preserve. Add confectionery sugar until incorporated. Add water a tsp at a time to get to desired consistency and mix on medium speed for 30-45 seconds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...