Slider Cupcakes

If there is anything my husband is obsessed with I would have to say it is cheeseburger sliders. They are probably one of his favorite foods. We even had them served at our wedding!

Needless to say when I stumbled across these cupcakes on Bakerella's Blog I knew I had to make them for my hubby and with his Birthday being tomorrow I thought this would be the perfect ocassion!

So first things first I used mixes and store bought frosting for these. They are much more of a novelty so making them from scratch was not a priority for me.

To start I baked up some yellow cupcakes and then baked some brownies in a 13x9 pan.
Once the cupcakes were cooled I sliced them in half to use as the "bun" and then I cut out circles (about the same size as the base of the cupcake) from the brownies to use as the "burger"

Next I split the container of frosting into 3 small bowls and colored them to act as "ketchup", "mustard", and "lettuce". Once the colors were mixed I put them in disposable piping bags.



Now that everything was set-up I could start the assembly process.

I started with the bottom "bun" and piped some yellow frosting around the edge....



Next I put the Brownie on and piped red frosting and green frosting around the edge of that...



Lastly I put the top of the "bun" on, brushed it with some orange juice and sprinkled on sesame seeds. I stuck a toothpick through and ta-da! A mini cupcake slider!!!





For my first time making these I think they came out pretty darn cute!!! I know my husband loved them!
Next time I think I will use coconut as the lettuce (colored green). I think it will give it a more realistic look.

These could be the perfect treat for many occasions such a child's birthday party or any summer cookout!

I have plenty left if anyone wants to swing by and sample one! haha

Happy Baking!!!!

1 comments:

HappyCamper said...
March 6, 2011 at 4:24 AM

I made these for a get together this last Friday. Everyone thought they were adorable but were hesitant to try them (the adults were, the kids dug right in). Once they tried a bite, they found out they were delicious too! Thanks for sharing and thanks to John LoConte for posting your link!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...