More Mini Donuts

Since I wasn't completely satisfied with the donuts the first time I made them, I decided to try it again and make some adjustments to improve the moisture and flavor.

I loved the decorations for valentines day but this time I was taking these little donuts to New Hampshire to share with some of my favorite people!
I tossed half the batch in powdered sugar and half in cinnamon sugar and they came out much better! Sweeter, more moist and the perfect bite sized treats!











Mini Baked Donuts
*the bold items are what I added to the original recipe

Yield | 24 mini donuts

Ingredients
½ cup granulated sugar
1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
1¼ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tbsp. butter, melted
½ teaspoon of vanilla

2 tsp of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove mixture
2 tbsp sour cream

Instructions
Prepare pan with baking spray.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder,sugar, and salt.
3. Add buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla and stir until just combined.
4. Add batter to a piping bag and fill each donut cup approximately one-half full.
5. Bake 4–6 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched.
6. Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish the donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar.

1 comments:

Emily said...
February 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Hiiiii Margo! It's Fred's daughter-in-law Emily! I saw your blog on your mom's facebook.... ummmmm, I had no idea you did this!!! These doughnuts look amazing! Where did you find that pan??? I've been looking casually for a while and have never seen one! off to sign up to follow you!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...