Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I am the type of baker who doesn't enjoy eating the final product but definitely likes to "snack" on the batters as I go.
When I stumbled upon this recipe it was like a dream come true... cookie dough batter inside a moist fluffy cupcake! I know.. sounds unreal right?!?! I had to try this out!

Now this is the first time I was making this sinfully delicious treat and I have to admit I took some shortcuts because I was short on time that day but next time I will definitely work from scratch.

I gathered up my ingredients which consisted of, Yellow cake mix (from the box),pre-made toll house cookie dough and all the other essential ingredients like eggs, water and oil.

First things first I scooped the cookie dough using my cookie scoop and popped them in the freezer for about an hour.
While those were getting nice and firm I mixed up my cake batter and lined my cupcake pans.

Next step was to fill each liner 2/3 the way full with batter and then place a cookie dough ball right on top! Could not have been easier!

Here is what they looked like before going into the oven...



The cupcakes baked in a 350 degree oven for about 18 minutes. To check doneness I inserted a toothpick into the cupcake and when it came out clean I knew they were set to go.



Ta-Da!!!! can't even see the cookie dough!!! It will be a yummy surprise!

Once the cupcakes were cooled I frosted them with an incredible brown sugar buttercream and topped them off with some mini morsels and ended up with this finished product...





Needless to say these were a huge hit!!!

Frosting Recipe:

3 sticks softened butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. milk or water
1 tsp. vanilla extract


To make the frosting, combine the butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and cream on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the milk (or water), and vanilla extract until smooth and combined

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...