Mini Valentines Day Donuts!!!!!!

When I stumbled across these adorable Valentines day treats on My Baking Addiction I knew I wanted to make them.

I loved the idea of these cute bite size donuts and thought they were the perfect treat to share with people I love this Valentines day!

My first task was to find the Wilton mini donut pans. They were easy enough to find online, but I wouldn't have them in time for v-day. I checked out A.C. Moore, Target, Walmart and William Sonoma only to turn up empty handed. Finally I found them at Crate and Barrel! I was very excited.

The pans come with a recipe so that is the one I used. My husband is picky about certain flavors so I opted to leave out the nutmeg and just add a little more Vanilla.
These were super easy to make and only took about 20 minutes total to make the batter and cook them.

I prepared the batter and using a piping bag piped it into the pans. The recipe says it yields 24 but I was able to make about 40 donuts from the batter.




While the donuts were cooling I melted some light pink and red candy melts to decorate with.








After they were all decorated it was time to taste test. These aren't your normal fried donuts, they are much more cake like. I thought they were good but definitely left something to be desired in the flavor department.

I think I will play around with the recipe and make them again for St. Patrick's day! Until then I hope those who I share with enjoy these sweet little treats!





Happy Valentines day!!!!



Mini Baked Donuts

Yield | 24 mini donuts

Ingredients
½ cup granulated sugar
1¼ cups cake flour, sifted
1¼ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
½ cup buttermilk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ tbsp. butter, melted
½ teaspoon of vanilla

Instructions
Prepare pan with baking spray.
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, baking powder,sugar, and salt.
3. Add buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla and stir until just combined.
4. Add batter to a piping bag and fill each donut cup approximately one-half full.
5. Bake 4–6 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched.
6. Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish the donuts with glaze, sprinkles, or cinnamon sugar.

Note
To decorate the mini donuts, I dipped them in candy melts and adorned them with cute Valentine’s Day sprinkles. Simply melt according to package directions, invert the top of the donuts into the melted candy melts and immediately top with sprinkles.

adapted from Wilton

3 comments:

Emily said...
February 16, 2011 at 9:05 AM

What EVER would we do without Wilton products, Margo!?

Margo said...
February 16, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I don't know! Gotta love Wilton!

Emily said...
February 23, 2011 at 3:23 PM

...nevermind...you say where you got the pans in this post!!! Crate and Barrel, here I come! Thanks!!! Awesome! And I'm going to use your recipes!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...