Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes

Rainy, drizzly, damp days make me want to bake!
I have been dying to make these cupcakes which were inspired by Cherry Vanilla Ice cream from Cabots in Newton, so while my brother sat on the couch and annoyed me I whipped up these heavenly treats!

I started with a basic Vanilla Cupcake.



As soon as they came out of the oven I brushed them with cherry juice. Talk about super moist AND it helps to infuse the cherry flavor with the vanilla cupcake!


While these babies were cooling I whipped up some pillowy soft frosting.
I made a basic Buttercream and instead of using milk or water as the liquid I used cherry juice again.
I wanted the frosting to be very light and airy so I whipped this frosting more then I would for a normal buttercream... the result was exactly what I was looking for!



I piped on the frosting using my wilton 1M tip and topped each cupcake with a cherry!

Don't these look like a little piece of heaven?!?!





Enjoy!!!

1 comments:

Emily said...
February 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM

OMG - I am sooo making these for Shon's birthday next month! He loves cherries and will loooove these cupcakes!! Bought the doughnut pan today...got the regiular size...will blog about after I make them!! I LOVE your blog Margo...makes me want dessert.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...