Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes

I have been craving strawberry margaritas lately... maybe it is the hint of nice weather that got me thinking of them. I decided to turn my craving into a cupcake!!

I googled for a recipe and then tweeked it make my own.
While I was making these I got to use my zester for the first time! I love it! First I love the smell of limes so zesting the lime had my whole kitchen smelling so fresh and citrus... total love <3





Ok now onto the frosting!

Before I frosted these I wanted to make a simple syrup with tequila to enhance the Margarita flavor.. however these are for a fundraiser and thought it best not to include the tequila in case some kids got their hands on these! I will save the tequila for next time!

The frosting I made is quite decadent.

It encompasses the strawberry flavor with fresh lime and yummy goodness!

I hope everyone enjoys these cupcakes at the fundraiser tomorrow as well as the 3 other kinds I made!





Have a great weekend!!!

Frosting Recipe:

1 Cup softened butter
Half of a lime zested and squeezed
1/4 cup strawberry margarita mix
2lbs of confectionary sugar
water

Directions:
Mix butter, lime zest, fresh lime juice and margarita mix until combined. Add in 2lbs of confectionary sugar and incorporate until smooth. (add water 1tbsp at a time to reach desired consistency. If too thin add more conf. sugar)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...