Caramel Banana Cupcakes

I did some baking for a fundraiser we went to last weekend. I made 4 different kinds of cupcakes including the Strawberry Margarita cupcakes in my last post.

When I found this recipe I started drooling. I love love love caramel in any way, shape or form it comes. I am also a fan of Bananas so this seemed like a perfect pairing!

The whole recipe is pretty easy.
You can start with your go to vanilla cupcake recipe and add in a package of banana cream pudding mix. This should make your batter a nice yellow color.

Once you scoop your batter into your muffin pans place a soft chewy caramel square in the center of each cupcake. The cupcake will bake up around the caramel piece.





As usual once they are cooled you can frost them!
I think there are a couple of options for the cupcake. You could make a banana buttercream or a caramel buttercream. For this occasion I chose the caramel.

Once the were frosted I melted a few of those chewy caramels and drizzled them over the top of the cupcakes!





The reviews I got for these were great! They were even requested as part of my Easter orders!

Enjoy!

Frosting Recipe: Caramel Buttercream

1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup of milk
1 tsp Vanilla
2 cups confectionery sugar

Directions:
Cream together butter, brown sugar, vanilla and 1/2 the milk. Add the confectionery sugar and incorporate completely adding the rest of the milk a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...