Easter Sugar Cookies

I know it isn't Easter yet... but I bought some new cookie cutters and wanted to use them sooooo... in my house it was time for easter cookies!

I was excited to make these cookies. I have never really seriously decorated sugar cookies, but I always see all these really adorably decorated cookies and it made me wanted to give it a try.

About 2 hours into this, I seriously regretted my decision to take on this project! HA!
I am not saying I would never try this again but maybe next time I will space it out over a couple of days.

Ok now onto the process...

I started out making the sugar cookie dough using the same recipe as I did in THIS POST.
After the cookie dough was done I put it in the fridge to chill for a couple hours.
Next step was rolling and cutting, rolling and cutting... baking, rolling and cutting.



After another hour the cookies were all baked off and cooling and I moved on to making royal icing.
While I was making my icing I found THIS tutorial very helpful.



Decorating the cookies is a multi-step process...

First you outline the cookie


Then flood the cookie to fill it all in





The cookie then has to dry for several hours and once they are dry you can add some details with thicker royal icing!





My finished cookies were far from perfect but I am satisfied with my first attempt and of course the most important part... they tasted yummy!



I decided to wrap a few of these up and ship them off to my favorite pregnant lady living in Texas! I hope her and her soon to be born baby girl enjoy them!





Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
April 5, 2011 at 6:48 AM

So cute. So question for you. I am going to a family gathering for Easter and a lot of the family can not eat sweets. I was wondering if you could make a treat that is low cal or on the healthy side so I could try and make it too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...