Vanilla Sour Cream Bundt Cake

After sitting on the couch Friday night for a couple of hours watching the food network I became inspired to do a little baking.

I didn't feel like going crazy because I have a lot of baking to do tomorrow so I decided to bake a simple bundt cake.

Now like I said I didn't want to go crazy so, I busted out a yellow box cake mix, a box of instant vanilla pudding and got to work!

First combine the cake mix and the pudding packet. Next add in 3 eggs, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 1 cup of water and 1 tsp of Vanilla. Once that is combined and smooth add in about a 1/4 cup of sour cream and mix well.

Normally I would add in some poppy seeds, but I didn't have any in the house so I skipped that step tonight.


The batter will be very thick so it needs to be scooped into a greased bundt pan. I use Wilton cake off to grease all my cake pans..... it works fabulously!



Once all the batter is spread evenly put the pan in your 350 degree pre-heated oven for about 45-55 minutes.

The cake will become nice and golden and when it is finished it will spring back to the touch. You can also check doneness using a toothpick or cake tester.



When you take the cake out of the oven leave it to cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. After that place your cake plate on top of the bundt pan and flip the cake over. If you greased your pan correctly it should slide right onto the plate no problem!





Now you will have a beautiful golden bundt cake! What you do with it next is up to you!
Sometimes I make a nice lemon glaze to drizzle over. A chocolate Ganache would be wonderful with this cake and would make it an amazing dessert, or you can do like I did and dust the cake with powdered sugar so it is more like a "breakfast cake"!





This cake can be nibbled on while it is still warm or eaten while completely cooled.



I have plenty to share if anyone wants to stop by for breakfast! HAHA!

Enjoy!


Recipe
Vanilla Sour Cream Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 package of vanilla or french vanilla instant pudding
3 eggs
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of water
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 cup Sour Cream
3 tbsp Poppy Seeds (optional)

Directions:
Combine cake mix and instant pudding. Add eggs, oil, water and vanilla and mix until smooth. Incorporate sour cream and scoop into greased bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 mins or until done.

Finish cooled cake with glaze of your choice or a dusting of powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
March 19, 2011 at 5:45 AM

Oh yum. I would love to see it with the poppy seeds too!

Design Elements said...
March 19, 2011 at 9:18 AM

looks delicious...love vanilla. happy Saturday

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...