Green Irish Cream Cupcakes

In honor of St. Patrick's Day I baked up these beauties. Of course to keep with the tradition of drinking excessively and everything being green I used some Bailey's Irish Cream and tinted the cake batter green!

Since the dominant flavor in these cupcakes was going to be the Bailey's I felt no guilt doctoring up a box mix.
I simply followed the directions on the box but instead of using 1 cup of water I used a 1/2 cup of Bailey's Caramel Irish Cream and a 1/2 cup of water.
I also added in some green food coloring just to be festive!

So I wanted them to be like an emerald green... but since the Bailey's gave the batter a caramel color I was having difficulty achieving that color and I didn't want to go crazy with the food coloring and alter the taste of the cupcakes.
So this green will have to do!





On to the frosting...

Again I substituted the water/milk generally used in frosting with the Caramel Bailey's.
Can we say YUM!!
Seriously I could have just sat on my kitchen floor with a spoon and the mixing bowl full of this frosting and eaten it all!



Luckily common sense prevailed and I loaded my pastry bag with my Wilton 2D tip and the sinfully good frosting and got to Piping on the cupcakes!

By using the 2D tip I think the frosting looks like the leaves of a clover (sort of) so it went with my St. Patty's theme.

To finish the cupcakes off I drizzled with some chocolate sauce and Wha-Laaaa....



Irish Cream Cupcakes!








As a reminder these cupcakes are for adults.... The alcohol in the frosting is not cooked off. If you wanted to make these non-alcoholic you could substitute the Bailey's for an Irish Cream flavored coffee creamer.

Happy Saint Patty's Day! Sláinte!

Frosting Recipe:

Irish Cream Frosting
(makes enough for 2 doz cupcakes)
1 Cup of butter (room temp)
3 cups conf. sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
3-5 tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream

Cream together butter and 3tbsp Irish Cream. Add in 3 cups of confectionary sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. If frosting is too stiff add more Bailey's 1 tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl a couple of times to make sure all ingredients are incorporated well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...