Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Well let me start by saying I was honored to be asked to make this cake for a friend!

I am glad to say I am happy with the final product and I hope they will be too! Getting to the final product was a bit of a production! HAHA

It started on Thursday... I baked 2 12inch Red velvet cakes. When the cakes came out they looked great. After they were cooled I started to wrap them in saran wrap...

That is where the disaster began! The Cakes started to split from me handling them. They weren't quite dense enough even though they tasted delicious! I thought I would be able to salvage the cakes during the stacking/decorating process so I went to bed still confident!

Fast forward to Friday! I wake up...
Whip up some spectacular cream cheese frosting and get to stacking! The bottom layer was fine. I piled on the cream cheese frosting and then went to add the second layer...
that is as far as I got... the top layer split into about 5 pieces so it was time to start all over again :(

SO again I baked 2 12inch red velvet cakes. This time I tweaked my recipe and made them more dense so they would handle better. While the cakes were baking and cooling I worked on another cake that I will be posting about later...

Check out the awesome Red Velvet!


Fast forward to about 3:30pm on Friday afternoon and I started the layering process again. This time it was a success!!! YAY!!!



Now it had been a long day of baking so I didn't take as many pictures as I should have but here is what I ended up with! A nice Christening Cake for Nicholas!





Happy Baking everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
March 6, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Looks good. Did you take a picture of it when it was cut? i would love to see the inside.

Margo said...
March 6, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I didn't because I wasn't at the Christening :(
Next time though! lol

Unknown said...
March 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM

The cake was phenomenal, more that anything we could've asked for...Delicious, moist and beautiful!!! Thank you so much Margo!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...