Happy Birthday Patrick

One of the adorable Bunker babies turned 1 last weekend and I was asked to make his birthday cake!

One of his favorite things is Sesame Street so I ran with that and made the Sesame Street themed cupcake tower.

I started with a 6inch chocolate cake for the top. It was frosted in white buttercream. To decorate it I cut out orange and green circles from fondant and also cut out a green "street" sign for the side of the cake. On the "street" sign cut out I wrote Patrick and the # 1. On the top edge of the cake I piped out the Happy Birthday message.



For the cupcakes I made Elmo and Cookie Monster.



The frosting was still the same buttercream just colored red and blue. I used 2 different tips to frost the cupcakes. The eyes were store bought and for Elmo I cut his mouth out of fondant and for cookie monster I used 1/2 an oreo in place of his mouth.

Here is the final product....






From what I hear Patrick loved the cake and happily destroyed 2 cupcakes!

Happy Weekend everyone!

1 comments:

zebra said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sesame street cupcake? Completely adorable.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...