Dora The Explorerer Cake

Hey everyone! So sorry for the lack of posting lately... it just seems that summers are so busy. Every weekend there is something to do whether it be a party, a cookout, a trip to the cape... I'm sure you all know how it goes.

Recently we have been experiencing a bit of a heatwave as well... 90+ degree temperature don't really motivate me to bake... but soon I will be resuming my baking as I have a couple of orders coming up next weekend!

As for this post... a few weeks ago one of our good friends was having a birthday party for their beautiful daughter. They asked me to make the cake and I was VERY excited! Hailey LOVES Dora so it was only natural to make a dora cake!

I started out with 2 10inch vanilla cakes. I colored some of the cake batter purple and marbled it through the cakes just for a fun effect.

The layers were filled with a creamy "fun-fetti" type filling and the cake was frosted in buttercream.

To get the Dora image on the cake I used the piping gel tranfer method. I found a picture I liked of Dora... printed it...and then traced it on parchment paper using piping gel. Once it was all traced I transferred it onto the frosted cake.

Once I was satisfied with the transfer I began coloring her in by piping using a star tip. I had a colored picture to use as reference while I filled in the outline.

Here is the final product....








Hailey loved the cake.... she actually just dug in using her face! I was happy with how the cake came out and look forward to making more fun cakes like this soon!

I hope everyone has a great week and stays cool!

1 comments:

frog said...
August 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Dora! Really cute cake!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...